Friday, October 5, 2007

I'm Back!

Well, sort of. After my horrible round on Tuesday, I went out and shot 42 with my neighbor yesterday. I only had 2 pars but nothing worse than a bogey. After the end of "regulation play", Scott (my neighbor) and I were tied. Since 8 and 9 are par 3s I suggested a 2 hole playoff.

Since I won number 9 to tie it up, I teed off first. 167 yards...6 iron. I pushed it a little right but it was on the green about 25ft from the pin....downhill fast putt. Scott came up a tick short but was putting as well. He left his first put fairly short leaving about 10ft for par. I put mine close and finished out my par to put a little pressure on him. He missed by a couple inches and tapped in for bogey.

My tee shot on number 9 was...well....bad. I pulled my 5 iron about 20yds left leaving a tricky chip over a bunker. Scott missed the green to the right leaving a slippery downhill chip. My chip was pretty good but I still had some work to do to save par. Scott's chip was nice, bounced it off the fringe to kill it and let it trickle down toward the hole. It came up about 3 ft short. I hit my putt to within 6 inches and tapped in for bogey. Scott had a short downhill putt to tie it up....didn't happen :) So, he owes me a beer....


Hit 'em straight
Dale

No comments: