Saturday, October 6, 2007

These Guys Really are Good


I saw that Jesper shot a career low round 61 on Thursday at the Valero Texas Open. Keep in mind that 2 of the par 4s are converted par 5s. Meaning that if you and I played, the course would be a par 72. So effectively, he shot 11 under. But that's not the reason I say that. Well its part of the reason.

I was watching coverage this afternoon and noticed that Jesper hit his L wedge from 110 yards out. Now his sand wedge is 56 degrees, so one would assume that his L is at least 60. I can only hit my 60 about 60 or 70 yards (unless I blade it but that's a different story) It just got me thinking. I mean we all know they are good, but where I hit a 6 or 5 iron, the pros are hitting 8 or 9. How cool would that be? I can picture it now. "Dale has about 170 yards to the flag. Looks like he's pulling out the 9 iron." I guess I'm just jealous...but they Really are Good :)

Hit 'em Straight,
Dale

No comments: